Thursday 31 January 2013

Final Evaluation

For this project I was required to design my own brief that was related to the previous CD packaging project. I decided to base my brief around clothing so I designed a Logo and two T-shirt designs for the Maybach Music Group also known as MMG for short. For this project my aim was to create the best outcomes I could make and learn to use different techniques. I was aiming to make my T-shirts unique and exciting but at the same time urban as my client is a Rap group.

I started off with some initial ideas that I was satisfied with but wasn't completely sure if i wanted to take them further as final outcomes. I created some experimentation focusing on editing one image to make it exciting but I felt that i wanted to combine a load of images to make it feel like a montage. I then went out a did a photo shoot in different locations one inside and one outside, it was a successful shoot and the photographs came out just as i wanted them. With the photographs I started to edit individual ones with various effects. I came out with 3 designs but decided i wanted to combine images together to make it compact and exciting so that is what i did. I added some textures and random objects and shapes to give the design some depth.

For my Logo I created a sniper sharpshoot aim symbol on illustrator and added in some text and other texture designs to make it look linked to my two final designs. I think all three work very well together.

The artists I looked at and gained my inspiration from were Andy Potts and Tim Marrs. These are two artists that I have admired for a while and their work inspires me and the effects they use inspired me to do the same for my final outcome designs. Tim marrs' work gave me the most inspiration as his work looked quite urban and had a interesting kind of depth to it.

I came across a number of problems throughout the project such as certain textures were not working well with certain images I wanted to use, I had to do a lot in a short amount of time such as working out where each thing would be printed onto the T-shirts, also creating a Logo that I wanted to use. Overall I feel the project went very well, I am pleased with each of my designs and the techniques I learnt over the project. There is always room for improvement but I felt these final outcomes were very good and I did what I intended to do. The skills and knowledge that I gained throughout this project can now assist me in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment