Friday 27 April 2012

Andy Potts



The illustrator that has inspired me is Andy Potts. He is an illustrator based in London but originates from the west midlands. Since he graduated from Portsmouth with a BA Hons degree in illustration he has took up a career in the image making, graphic design, animation and art direction including a 7 year stint as lead designer at Abbey Road Studios. Over the last then years the illustration has taken up most of his life and he has worked a large number of projects with a number of clients in advertising, book covers and work for magazines and newspapers. 

Andy Potts uses hand made designs combined with digital designs which creates these interesting creative pieces. For my final outcomes I have I am going to be using hand made designs combined with digital designs which is linked to Andy Potts' work. I am going to be using Landmarks in London such as the London eye, Big Ben, Trafalgar square, London Transport etc and combining them together to create a creative collage type of piece. For the handmade side I am going to print my outcome onto tracing paper which I will then create a Cyanotype. 

The images above are of Andy Potts' work which are my favourite pieces of work created by him and have inspired me in the ideas that I have come up with. Both are related to London which is the location I am going to be using and the images that he has used are the types of things I have been photographing. The top image is my overall favourite as it includes all the landmarks of London and also the colours of the British flag which is red, white and Blue. I also admire how the bottom image he has made a heart out of the bike route and added all the illustration inside of it which represents them as being the heart of London.

No comments:

Post a Comment